Sea Buckthorn also known under the scientific name of Hippophae rhamnoides, is a plant with medicinal properties. Sea Buckthorn is a plant which appeared in Europe and Asia. The Tibetan medicine started to use it many years ago.
Sea Buckthorn contains substances such as flavones and vitamins A, E and C, which act as antioxidants. It has unsaturated fatty acids. All these nutritional principles help to keep a low bad cholesterol or LDL.
How is Sea Buckthorn fighting against the cholesterol ?
It has an antioxidant that increases the degradation of fatty tissue, which is derived to the cell for the production of energy. This reduces the synthesis of LDL and VLDL liver level, since its blood concentration decreases. By its content of unsaturated fatty acids, Sea Buckthorn increases the concentration of cholesterol HDL or good cholesterol. This mechanism of action reduces the plaque formation in the inner walls of the arteries, which reduces the possibility of cardiovascular diseases. Within all medicinal uses that are obtained from this plant, the best is that it is great in maintaining the cardiovascular health. According to various scientific studies was established that the consumption of Sea Buckthorn tea, could improve the health of the heart and the cardiovascular system.
How is Sea Buckthorn improving the health of the heart?
• Sea Buckthorn contains flavones, substances which act on the fat metabolism and cardiovascular health.
• These flavones would improve the HR of the cardiac muscle.
• They strengthen the role of cardiac pump.
• Decreasing the resistance and peripheral elasticity.
How to prepare Sea Buckthorn Tea:
• Place 40 grams of Sea Buckthorn in a liter of water.
• Boil for 30 minutes.
• Let rest for 15 minutes.
How to drink a Sea Buckthorn infusion?
• Drink 3 cups of infusion a day
• One in the morning, another at lunch and the last after dinner.